Monday, May 26, 2008

Boarding on anxiety attacks

I have been cranky and a bit snappish for days. First I thought it was plain ole PMSing, which certainly could play a role. But then I realized what it was. I'm freaking out about the move.

And in typical (of me) fashion. I am completely brain dead over the stress. I'll start a task, get goosey feeling and go sit down and watch TV. Its like a form of paralysis. I have made some progress. I was in a pacic about the kids' stuff. They have WAAAAAAAAY to many toys to try to pack and move them all. I had been asking Isaiah to go in there and choose what he could live without, but his reaction to the task is about what mine is. Freeze up and pretend the problem doesn't exist. Then I had an idea. Easter eggs.

Kids love easter egg hunts. I do too. So, instead of going there and pickingup everything that isn't broken. It has bee go in there and get all the blocks. Or get all the plastic animals. Or all the trains. Or all the cars. Its still a lot of work. But it makes it easier. And it helps sort the junk. Do you know how much room allthose stupid happy meal toys take up, and no one plays with them. I think once I'm done all that will be left will be too broken to do anything with besides throw away.

Bedding washed. Clothed bagged and separated. Dressers cleaned out and sorted. Books packed up (turns out I have lots of books). Dished cleaned and dried and sorted and put away. So freaking much left to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moving is not an easy task. Especially when you are moving three boys and all their stuff too.

Then once you are moved you have to put everything in different spaces.

Does this mean you have the house?

It's very exciting too.

It's a great time to get rid of clutter and things you don't use.

YAY!