Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sweet day

It was a really nice day. I got the kids around and took them over to the zoo in independence today. It isn't much of a zoo. More like a large park where a few animals happen to live. Then have monkeys, an old broke-back donkey, a pair of macaws, a few different owls, two bears, assorted ducks, geese, and swans. There used to be a mountain lion and an elephant, but the zoo is free and runs off of the city, so I think the quality of what they can do is not the same as a city zoo in a bigger place. But, its free to go.

The kids loved it. Even Noah was out of the stroller and running around from place to place, trying his best to keep up with his big brothers. We made friends with a peacock. And I had to rescue gideon from climbing over a fence into a duck pound enclosure. Noah has a heart to heart with a canada goose through a fence.

They als played on the playground. The park has a castle and stone hippos and a lion water fountain, a play house made of real brick. An indian village with a wooden fort and metal teepees. Not very PC now, but they were cool back in the day and have been maintained. No one complains, so they get to stay.

We played until noah looked like he was dead on his feet and gideon woudl only say "no" to all things. The little guys were sleeping before we got home.

In other areas. I am still anxous about moving, but I think that things will work out. I almost asked mike if he wanted to go in as room mates today, but didn't.

Isaiah has taken to making silly movies with his camera. I may post one, but you have to bear in mind that it is the work of a nine year old and his buddies.

Gideon wore big boy pants at home today and managed to take a short (unplanned) nap in them and stay dry. Maybe someday, he will be potty trained. I sure hope so.

all in all. It was one of those days that you wish would last forever. Or could be repeated. But the rarness of these kinds of days is what makes them so sweet.

I need a shower, or a bath. I think I am off to go take one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post.