So, despite my desire to keep my exodus from here and my plans for the future a secret, word has gotten out. Somehow everyone knows I do not plan to be back. I have only told two people that, and the person who told the other para in my classroom was not one of them. INTERESTING. Not terribly important, but interesting.
the result of all this is that at this point, people who usually don't have much to say want to know my plans for the summer. I, still wanting to play things close to the vest, give ahlf truths. "we may travel, go see dad in Tennesse". I know it may be seen as disshonest. But I have reason.
As much as I enjoy working at the school, it is a very political place. And I am not a player of politics. There are some kids (kids who last names are the same as administrators, doctors and big wigs at the plant) who get away with murder. And there are kids who are always in ISS (who are no more fractous then the ones who get away with it). It makes me nervous. The teachers who like to sit in the hall and gossip and whisper about my boss (who granted, has disciplene issues) make me nervous. The others paras who talk big, but leave things to their supervising teacher, or to me, make me nervous. Are all schools like this, or only small, one employer town, schools?
I DO know that I don't want my sons getting away with things because the people who do the disciplening work with their mom. I think I would rather have to commute then have that particulr ethical issue come up. Maybe I am not trusting enough.
I also know that I ended up having to do allthe leg work for an end of year special ed party, that I thought had been planned. And then once the leg work is done, two other people swoop in and change things. (If you wanted it that way, you could have said so, or done it yourself). One was also oh so self rightous when she told me that harry potter and the lord of the rings movies were not appropriat for school (we are talking kids 13 and over here) What could possibly be inappropriat about good versus evil and a fight for the future of the world.
Oh well, it is almost over. I plan on taking isaiah over to pittsburg with me after school lets out at noon. I hope that if he helps with the house hunting, he will feel better about the move.
Speaking of which, got some god money yesterday. Remember that TV I was bitching about. The one that wouldn't work with any remote, rendering it rather inconvenient. Well, the warrenty people, rather then fixing it, sent me a check for $250.00. Its not a lot, but hey, every little bit counts. That and my last two paychecks and the stimulus money ought to make this possible.
The proffersor in charge of teacher licesing has also pointed me towards a teachign job. It isn't anywhere close to a done deal, but with that kind of influence behind the recommendation, it can't hurt, right? Its for science at a Catholic shcool. I'm not catholic, but I'm baptist. I think it isn't a requirment.
One can always hope.
1 comment:
Sounds like the Universe supports you moving.
Post a Comment