Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Costly day

So, I was miserable yesterday with this cold thing I have had. I was horse all day and everyone had some smartass comment about how I sound. The funny thing is that aside from being horse and a little sore in the throat and chest, I didn't feel that bad. Last night was worse and this morning was really bad. So I called in, with plans of dropping the kids off at school, daycare and the babysitter, and then coming home to nap.

Well, the first expensive thing was odviously not going to work. Then there is the $150 ticket I got because Isaiah wasn't buckled up in the car. And of course, every kid who knew me or Isaiah had to walk or drive past while I was stopped with the car with the flashing lights behind me.

Then, with the ticket in my purse, I was like screw it. I drove back to pittsburg. Dropped off some documents that the school needs fro enrollment and finacial aid. Talked to some rental agents and visited my little brother.

He looks good. I got to see my neice, lexi too. She looks good too. I guess her mom has gone completely nutso. Mike says she has three boyfriends, plus one in jail. She will dropp lexi off with mike and tellhim he has to keep her over night, or for two nights. Meanwhile, mike is crashing with these guys who really would rather he find another place. They sit up all night drinking and partying and it really isn't a place for a little kid.

Mike seems to be getting him life together. He has been employed for most of the past year. But he still has court stuff hanging over his head. He pays a lot of money out to Sherry for "child support" and to the people who he crashes with for "rent" or whatever they say he owes them for.

I really feel for him. The resquer in me wants to get a place with four bedrooms and tell him that he can move in as long as he gives me $200 a month and keeps the booze, drugs and hos away. But the thinker in me says that this would be a terrible idea. I would end up with him and his looser friends around all the time. Or watchign lexi while both her parents were out on the town. I would end up paying all the rent in a palce I couldn't afford. With the added headach of worrying about him and all that mess.

So, anyway. I am supposed to get my stimulus check direct deposited on friday. But the funds aren't showing up yet, and they usually do a few days ahead of actual deposite. So, I am now thinking that maybe I didn't qualify for a check. Turns out you had to actually owe taxes to be stimulated. I never end up owing income taxes because I always have qualified for the earned income credit.

I guess porr single parents don't spend enough in the economy to give them a little extra boost. Sometimes I really hate republicans. I try to stay out of the political fray. It seems like its half a dozen of one versus six of another. Anyhow, its not like it was money I had earned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoever that officer was Alley, he's a jerkoff.
He could have let you off with a warning, thats what usually happens.
You could fight it, but that has costs too, your time.
Good luck with it.

-Dino

msholiday said...

That was a costly error in judgement. I know how devastating it is to have to pay out that money especially when money is so hard to come by these days. Here in Canada there are no warnings like there use to be, once you are pulled over you know it is going to cost you. It is a huge money grab for the city.
This too will pass, and so be a distant memory.

Anonymous said...

To play devil's advocate, the fine exists as a deterrent and I betcha Alley you are not going to fail to buckle Isaiah again...and bad things do happen with cars...so who knows, maybe some good came of it. Maybe it was the work of a guardian angel! (I know, not what you want to hear!)

But in any case, good for you for moving ahead with your steps to Pittsburg. Seems like a really good move.

Anonymous said...

Please use the seatbelts!! They are there for good reasons. And that's the end of my nagging.....