I thought insisting that mike pay me for watching Lexi would deter him a bit. It didn't. Neither did me telling him that he HAD to look for someone else, he never looked. And then he did something that just pissed me off. He signed up for five shifts a week, all night shifts, and just assumed I would fit watchign Lexi five nights a week into my schedual. I put my foot down. I informed him that he and sherry had managed to find someone to watch her between the two of them before I moved to pittsburg and that I AM NOT A NANNY!
It workedm finally. I told him I didn't want to hear a bunch of guilt over him havign to quit his job. TOm is staying with him and he works midnight to eight. All TOm wouild have to do at most is get her out of bed in the morning to go get mike from work. I don't care if they don't like it, they are both parents and I am tired of being dumped on and blindsided. It isn't fair.
So, today has been the quietest day and calmest day I've had in a while. Its nice, I got some work done without having to work around other people's issues. It istn't that I don't love my niece or want to be there for her, but I know I'm being taken advantage of. And it isn't fair to her either. Those two are her parents, they need to bethe ones watching her and feeding her and making sure her clothes are clean and that she naps when she should.
So, I know I did the right thing, why do I feel like such an ass-hat?
3 comments:
Because you are too nice, and a goodhearted woman. Keep up the good work, now that you have voiced your feelings it should get easier all the time. Just say no, it is so easy after you do it a few times.
You are NOT an ass-hat. You are a responsible and independent adult. Maybe they will learn something from you. Surely Lexi will.
GREAT!
Everyone feels super guilty when they set boundaries, if they didn´t then everyone would be setting them all the time. It´s totally normal to have the guilt backlash. Just ignore that and enjoy the freedom of not being someone´s slave!
Good for you!
Post a Comment