My boss is relieved, he has a new grandbaby he would rather play with then interview science teachers. My students seemed relieved too. I was relieved, not happy about the pay situation, but I like to have a plan, something set and tangible, its limbo that screws with my head and makes me all sorts of anxious.
I emailed back and forth with the apartment manager and his boss a they agreed that renewing a lease and giving a tentative move out date do not constitute a leagally binding cancelation and so they aren't going to make me move out of this place only to move into another. All I need to do is sign (yet another) a form and show them a schedual of classes for next fall to be eligible to stay here.
I am looking forward to seeing dad and getting this road trip started, but I feel like I need to be here. Sucks though. That's a long drive and it isn't worth the trouble unless you stay a few days once you've done it. I have most of the clothes we are taking packed. I don't need as many because I wont be staying as long, I'm sending almost everything that fits and is season appropriate with the boys. Last year they only took a few clothes and dad ended up buying them more there, they can't afford that this year.
I am also planning on leaving the food stamp card and a prepaid cash card with dad, the food stamps are for the kids, I don't have a right to keep it if they are goign to be gone for several weeks. The cash is a just in case sort of thing. I don't plan on staying a terribly long time, but I've got another prepaid card with cash for gas and sundries on it. I know its probably plenty, and I hesitate to drain my checking account, but I am also afraid of not having enough. I get a little panicy about money. COmes from not having enough for so long I think.
SO, its after ten, I've been folding laundry and grading papers and packing clothes and mopping floors, I should be tired and in bed, but I'm wired. Last night I took a sleeping pill and ended up over sleeping this morning. I can't win. I think its the weather. I don't sleep well when its too warm, but I am loath to turn on the air yet. So I am being banal online instead.
1 comment:
Have a safe and wonderful trip. Glad to hear you are finally settled on what you are doing for the next couple of years. You can never lose your education, no matter what happens. It's a good thing to expand like you're doing. I read you on Google reader and there isn't a comment place there, so I haven't been visiting your site as per say but reading just the same.
Post a Comment