Saturday, June 5, 2010

Days like these . . . .

The title of the post has little to do with the content.

Isaiah is spending the weekend in Parsons. He camped in the yard at Peggy's with Opal's girls. He played in the water with Nick, Eric and the girls today. Then he went to Shelly's to play with Anthony. Tonight I think he's sleeping at Peggy's again. I'm going to get him tomorrow at noon and drive him and Nick and Eric back to Pittsburg. Tom's watching the little boys so I can manage it without over loading my sportage. I need a mini van or the people in my life need to get cars and driver's liscenses. Or both.

Next weekend we are trying to put together a family campout at the lake. Looks like Opal and I will be camping from Thursday to Sunday. With the kids and the dog and the beach nearby it should be lots of fun. Isaiah will be spending part of that time with his dad, but the little guys will be there the whole time. I'm not sure how many of my extended relatives will be coming. Seems like several had said they'd do it and then backed out.

My summer classes start on Monday. Nick and Isaiah are the official babysitters. I hope it works out. Monday afternoon I have another job interview. This time in Chetopa. I hope something comes of it other than using up a bunch of gas.

I've managed to go all day without texting J. I don't know how into me he is or how into him I really am, but I do know that I am exceptionally talented at getting myself all twisted up over these things.

But I've been reading my diary, it goes back about two years because I will go months without writing, and two years ago I was pining about being single and lonely too, only then I felt like I couldn't or shouldn't even bother to date. So to have progressed to actual dating, I think, is a good thing, even if its uncomfortable.

My sunburn still hurts and seems to be taking its sweet time healing.

No comments: