Packing has started. Packing looks a lot like cleaning, except that instead of putting things away, things are put in boxes or trash bags (we b trashy movers) and labeled. Isaiah seems to have decided to become a social butterfly the week before we are set to move. Two months ago I couldn't get him out of the house on a pleasant afternoon, not I need him to be around to he can either ride herd on the little guys while I work or pack or I need him to be helping and he has four different people he wants to go see.
I hate that aspect of moving him. I know how hard social life can be at that age. He'll be a new kid in a new school. I hope we can stay at least through his middle school career, if not high school.
Got electricity turned on at the new place, got a lawn service (expesive in the long run, but cheaper for now - its the poor person's curse) for the place's ginormous yard. I hope to put a jungle gym out back at some point, but that will have to wait until the fall at least. Also need to build a dog pen for the dog.
So, the dating thing. It seems like after months and years of moaning about no males, I have a male problem. I have one male, who is honestly a very nice person, who lives in another city and who calls a few times a week and we have these long, honest conversations that seem to last a fw minutes but I hang up and realize its been two hours. I'm afraid to like him too much, because there is so much else swirling around, his distance, his broken but not leagally ended marriage. Then there is the other guy who is much closer. One day he doesn't give me the time of day, the next he's asking where I am moving so he can come visit some time. One day he's dedicated to his work as little/party as much as possible lifestyle, the next day he's signing up for trade school and talking about school all day and working all night. I don't know what to think. I know what I should think. But at what point does our insistence on perfection in others ruin out own chances at personal happiness?
Anyway, I'm just not going to worry about either of them at the moment. If they are really interested, they know how to get a hold of me. I have a lot on my plate at the moment. Because I am moving from a largish town next to an even larger town with a high population of single twenty-somethings starting careers to a small town with a slight older population demographic I am going to stop the online dating period. There are other ways to meet people. And it isn't very professional to have a public profile up as a high school teacher.
Since school let out and I don't have a class to take to mass, I miss church. I think I'll explore the churches there in Iola once we move. Not all churches are as conservative as the one the fouled things up for me in Neodesha. And its certainly a source of "nicer" (but not always) people to meet in a new place.
I am also pre-menstral which certainly doesn't help. I take everything to be either a direct insult or to be the result of an elaborate universal conspiracy to piss me off this time of the month. But I hate those stupid pills she gave me for that feeling, so I guess I'm gonna just have to be aware of it and try to watch myself more closely than usual.
that being said I went off on my brother over something that was an accident.
And I was a bit pissed to see someone using almost my handle on a website I like. I'm Alley. Ally is an imposter. that is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment