Monday, June 7, 2010

Things

I have two peices of news.

1) I GOT A JOB OFFER AND I ACCEPTED IT! I will be teaching secondary Special Education in Iola. I will be a high school level teacher. I am so excited. Not only for the increase in pay, but also for the fact that I will be doing real work with special needs students as opposed to the playing at high school that goes on at where I've been teaching.

2) Last night the guy I've been seeing told me (via text) that he met a girl at a party he went to (without me even though I could have come) and was talking to her. I was pissed. I felt like we were on the way to being a couple and certainly past this, 'well there's this other . . . ' crap. But then I went for a walk and got to thinking. He's told me he likes me, finds me attractive, and appreciates me. But he also wouldn't ever want to do anything that was more complicated than hanging out at his house. He never called me, I called him. I realized, its not my problem, its his. I mean, its my problem that I let guys who are "sorta cool" treat me like that, but it isn't my problem that he supposedly really likes me and my company and still feels the need to chase others and push me away.

And I decided that I don't need to feel upset about him. I have a bad habit of looking at people and seeing what they could or should be and applying that to what I know about them, instead of looking at people where and how they are and using that as my basis of understanding them.

And while I am going to avoid repeating this pattern, I am also not interested in feeling bad about the time I've spent with him, because I was being genuine and because it was fun.

Oh, and I GOT A STINKING JOB WITH A GROWN UP SALARY!

2 comments:

msholiday said...

OMG!! I'm so happy for you.=D

MindyMom said...

CONGRATS on the job!! Whoo!

I can completley understand the other situation. Your head is in the right place.