Saturday, November 13, 2010

Drama drama everywhere . . .

Jason, I thought I had extricated myself from him. I stopped calling, refuse to chat with him on facebook, and have done my best to stop thinking about him. He has problems, he isn't a bad person, he just has problems and is moving in a different direction than I am or want to.

I haven't talked to him for three weeks, and haven't seen him in over a month. But tonight he calls me. Tells me he's been in the hospital and makes some very awkward small talk for a few minutes. I eventually cut him off and told him that I was glad he was ok, but that I wasn't glad to hear from him. He asked why.

I told him that I liked him and he kept blowing me off, and avoiding me unless he wanted to sleep with me. He muttered and hung up.

So now I feel bad again. I feel like I may have hurt his feelings and like I have done something irreversible. I know he's not someone who will ever be a good boyfriend to me. I know this.

I also feel like crap now, again.

God, this all sucks, almost enough to just give up on the whole damn thing.

2 comments:

perdido said...

I think you did totally the right thing.

Alyce said...

I know I did. But . . . ugh . . . Why is romance always so complicated? Why can't I just love someone and be loved and not have extraneous crap to deal with?