Thursday, November 4, 2010

Shit that Annoys Me

This was going to have another title, but then Tom came in while I was at it.

I love my brother and this little family we've formed has been good for the kids, for him, and a help for me. But sometimes he does shit that I find to be irritating and impossible to understand.

Like the Jeep, I bought it, I tagged it and I insure it. He gases it. Ok. I get it, older vehicle, has a few quirks. But I do not understand how a person can add oil to a car and then not put the oil cap back on? I mean, how hard is that?

Another thing that bugs me: self riteous mommies. I love being a mom. I love my kids and I get more love and joy from them than I ever have or ever will from any other source. But I hate that there are women who purposely get preggo with no finacial resources, with little chance of improving those chances and at young ages, because they love being loved.

Maybe I'm a hypocrite, after all, I had a child at 17 and again at 23 and again at 25. Each arrival marked a new low point in my life. So when I see a little girl on facebook telling my cousin who is just getting her life together and getting back to college that she doesn't need to wait to have a baby until she is done with school and established in a career, it kinda pisses me off.

Other things that bug me: people that come in and out of meetings abruptly. People who talk big about how great they are, but leave work early when they think no one will notice and let others try to make sure that the kids they supposedly care about are getting their shit together.

At the same time . . .

I really dislike a particular kid and want him out of my seminar class. He's rude, he lies to me, he is a bully to other students, especially girls. I feel like a bad teacher for not wanting him in there any more.

No comments: