Sunday, November 7, 2010

Lazy Day

I love Sundays. I love the lazy, timeless quality of a day with nothing on the agenda. I convinced Tom to go to his Barbeque in Parsons and to bring the boys back when he came, so I don't have to go get them and we aren't using two cars to basically drive the same trip twice. To me, this made quite a lot of sense.

The Asshat of course turned it into a fight. "your brother won't be drinking?"

Uhm, no, he won't. But if you are so concerned about the safety of the transport I provide, you are welcome to get off your ass, get and keep a job, and buy a car that runs so you can transport them.

Ugh, the man has gotten so fractious that I am beginning to think the boys don't need to be going. He doesn't supervise them very well when they are there (sending all the kids down to a local park with Isaiah in charge and then grounding Isaiah when trouble happens), seems to think that smacking his girl friend's kids in the mouth is appropriate behavior towards young kids (He knows better than to lay hands on my sons), and now he picks fights over things like transporting them. Add to that the fact that he seems perfectly ok with just not seeing them on his weekends (I have to make sure all the arrangements work out for the vist). It all adds up to looking like he's lost interest in being daddy.

I knew it wouldn't last forever, last time he dropped out of their lives I told him if he pulled that crap again he wouldn't get another chance. So my theory is that he's tired of having to play dad so often and its easier to piss me off and get me to make that choice and then he gets to play the victim in the whole thing.

So, aside from conducting a text message war with ex, I've done some laundry, rearranged my room a bit and figured out how to burn some CDs around the insane copy right protections in windows media player and itunes. I'm sorry, I bought this shit, I want to use it the way I want. Bite me microsoft.

I hope everyone else has a restful and calm Sunday.

Oh, and the not going to church here lately thing . . . . I'm ok with it. I do a lot during the work week. I need these two days to rest and recharge. I think God understands that and knows that when my life gets less busy I'll try to do more for him. For now, my sanity needs quiet and alone time, not songs and people and making sure you are there on time.

No comments: