I'm cooking tomorrow, we are going to eat in the evening. I don't like turkey and am bored of ham, so I am making a thanksgiving feast that will be positively subversive in its nontraditional-ness. I am making a prime rib roast, yourkshire pudding, brussel sprouts, mashed taters, and pie.
And in this subversive line of thought, I have to ask, what the hell happened to my country? All of a sudden its ok to pull someone out of line and pat them down, messing with private areas, because you don't like what they are wearing? Since when did travel in the united states require you to be willing to put up with this?
And why are so few people pissed about it? The TSA has stopped ZERO terrorists. ZERO. Terrorists don't care about air ports, they care about killing and scaring people. Forcing the American public to give up basic freedoms like privacy and bodily security will not stop terrorists, its mearly caving to their desire to change how we live. Furthermore, if the terrorists really want to blow up and airport, security checkpoints deep inside the building wont do much to stop them.
I feel like we are living in post apocalyptic times. I feel like some of the crap I see in the news and read in papers is something that should be part of some sort of fiction. Nude body scans and pat downs at airports? Planes flying into buildings? Politicians who act like movie stars, movie stars in politics, tv programming that consists of regular people wandering around being "normal". These are all elements seen in science fiction novels or movies.
I can't turn back time. And I don't want to sound like a nut, but I wish more people would wake up and quit planning their shopping trips and start asking questions about what's going on in this country. Because its looking to me like the really important things are being stripped away while we focus on trivial crap like shopping trips and mindless consumerism.
No comments:
Post a Comment