Its a lot to deal with. As a parent who's watched the kiddo grow from a newborn baby into the kiddo they are now, who knows all their tricks and tells and how to get them to do what they need to do to be happy, it can be hard and frustrating. I can't imagine how much more difficult it can be to deal with a kid who you aren't familiar with. Add to that the fact that many single people, or non-custodial parents, lack parenting skills, and the alarming rate at which little kids are harmed by non-related household members becomes clear.
But I'm out of line for pointing this out to someone who's complaining about their boyfriend spanking her child without her permission. I mean, she doesn't believe in spanking, he spanked anyway, I figure that's a pretty major boundary that's been crossed.
In other areas, things are good. I dug out the damn antidepressants and have been taking them. And (damnit) they work. Make me more tolerable to be around and more tolerant of others. Also, more focused on work and less focused on playing around on the internet at work. More prone to play with the boys or do housework and less likely to sit in my chair all evening.
I hate that they work, cause that means I'm crazy, but at the same time, I am glad that something worked, because things were really bad there for a while.
Oh, and I am working on something for work. It should make life easier for the SPED staff and teachers, and its my idea. I am trying to put together a database that puts our identified kids in classes by core subject. The Sped teacher who covers those classes can load in assignments, study materials, material that teacher has made ect. This will ensure consistency for our identified students weather they are in a class covered by a para, a SPED teacher, or not covered at all, but still needing accommodations.
The problem, one sped teacher is not very tech savvy and the other sped teacher won't use google docs because . . . I don't know why. (I have a theory that involves that fact that this person is full of hot air and noting doing half the job that he would like others to think he is . . . but I can't substantiate that).
So, I essentially volunteered to put together something that is going to be a huge pain in the ass to iron out and get up and running, on top of my normal duties, and other than the fact that I feel like it'll help my kids, I'm not sure why I am so gung ho.
1 comment:
That doesn't mean you are crazy it means you have a chemical imbalance! : )
Post a Comment