Friday was interesting. I basically snuck out right when our last bell rang and dashed (as fast as one can dash on unscraped streets) over to the grade school to get Gideon, then we came back and spent half an hour working in my classroom.
The kia got stuck in my driveway when I came home. All told, not a bad place to get stuck.
I'm set to get over nine thousand back in income tax refunds. I'm debating what to do with it. I want a newer, larger, 4x4 car. But looking online what I want would take up absolutely the whole amount and then some. I'd also like to catch up on some bills, buy some stuff for around the house, and some clothes (I have embarrassingly few clothes for a woman my age).
The jeep is almost thirty years old. Its electrical system is a little goosey, the AC doesn't work, the windows don't want to go up if they roll down, its not family car material. The KIA needs exhaust system work, the fans that run the heat and air have gotten noisy of late, the swing arm that the spare tire sits on stopped working so I took it off and it is now in my shed, and the sun visors inside have been removed because they broke and where hanging down in the way of my view. In other words, its showing its age.
So, do I roll that whole amount into another older vehicle? Do I use it as a down payment on a financed vehicle? Do I use it to invest in fixing the car I have? What would you do?
2 comments:
I would dump all that money into getting a newer vehicle. No financing unless it's 2 or 3% interest. That should get you a decent vehical. If you can trade the others in do that.
mitsubishi has a suv outlander with 0% financing if you have have good credit of course
here's the details
2011 Mitsubishi Outlander Pricing:
MSRP: $16,640 - $19,670
Invoice: $15,724 - $18,315
Fuel Economy: 33 mpg Hwy, 25 mpg C
definitely read up how to buy a new car http://www.carbuyingtips.com/carintro.html
ford will be trying to get rid of their 11 escapes too and those are good suv's and they have low financing and it also mentioned about maybe even some money back?
I would def get a replacement for those vehicles and see if the dealer will give you a 1000 each that would add more to your downpayment...
Post a Comment