Thursday, March 24, 2011

Preview of this summer

Okay, so spring break is almost over. And, like usual, the weather has turned cold and wet. We got a couple of warm, bright days that we used to go play, but last night it was below freezing and I caved and turned the heat back on.

Today its was so chilly that I kept the kids in. They tend to run in and out and in and out, so with the heat on, its best to keep them in and quiet. And its been . . . . hell.

Noah will not stay out of stuff, he likes, yes likes, to clogg up the bathroom sinks with toilet paper and q-tips. He's a monkey so putting things up high only slows him down a little.

Gideon, my six year old, cries, whines, and screams when things, like his toys or the cut of his pbandj don't go his way.

Isaiah calls his brothers names, ignores them, and manhandles them, which in turn results in more hysterical whining and crying.

At this point I'm just sick of it. I can't get them to focus on a movie or a game or coloring. All they seem to be interested in is torturing each other and tearing up my property.

Funny thing is, once I broke down and yelled, screamed and spanked, they straightened up. They're upstairs now, all cooperating and playing nicely.

So the question is: Why can't I get them to behave like decent human beings without acting like a fucking monster?

I need a drink and an adult to talk to.

I don't have either.

No comments: