I've never had a lot of readers, probably because most people who know me in real life don't know I blog and because I've set this to not show up on search engines, so unless I've sent you a link or linked back from another blog (where I usually end up making an ass of myself) you can't find it.
I've written about tv shows, politics, issues that bug the hell out of me, my kids and my family issues, but mostly what I write is about my internal life. About how I'm feeling and dealing with things. I suspect its been awfully boring to read.
Probably another reason I don't have a whole lot of readers.
I figure that there are as many kinds and styles of blogs as there are people who blog. So when an old friend of mine, who now I only see on facebook started a family blog, I clicked the link to check it out.
And was immediatly like OMG.
She has decided to blog because SHE'S LEARNED A LOT ABOUT PARENTING IN THE SIX MONTHS SHE'S HAD A PERFECTLY HEALTHY BABY.
Maybe its too early in the day for me to put up with fools. But that's it. She's a pediatrician and she's learned a lot about parenting in the six months she's been a parent.
She's married and the are both doctors, so she's never had to worry about paying the rent and buying groceries while taking care of her child. She works in a family-friendly field and gets to take ample breaks and has scheduled days off, so she never really had to deal with the whole breast is best, but who can affodr it thing. She's well educated and employed so she never had to deal with people looking down their noses at her situation. And hey, she's kept an infant born healthy alive for six whole months.
So she must be an expert on parenting.
Here's some things she's never done.
Been left while pregnant by the man she thought she loved for ever.
Had to feed her family on food stamps in a town with no grocery store and no car.
Worked on her feet all day, then walked with her two year old to the doctor's office for an appointment.
Been informed by her kindergartner's teacher that she forgot the snacks.
Been told by her 11 year old that band is the only thing he wants to do, only to have the same child at 12 want her to buy a different instrument.
Been told she was hated by her children for taking the video game controlers until the grades were passing.
Had her six month old daughter lie about actually going to school.
Ok, so I sound a bit jealous, and I am. Because I was in college with this lady who is now a happily married pediatritian with a baby. She wasn't that bright.
On other irritating fronts:
Its spring break and my little dudes got up early, went out on the front porch and were playing pirates before six. At least the banging door woke me before they took the game into traffic.
My laptop has had a screen malfunction, everything looks pink and trippy. I'm pretty sure its out of warrenty.
I think I will be the only cousin not in a long term, romantic realationship before long. Opal, the one getting divorced, met a guy last weekend, and he spend this one with her. I realize this isn't the picture of a healthy life choice for either of them. But part of me, a part that's getting bigger and bigger, wonders what the hell is wrong with me?
I'm cute, I'm funny, I know how to have a good time. I take care of my business and am nice to people. Why the hell can't I meet a nice man who wants me?
Mike started his job at amazon today. I hope it works out, but since its actual work, I'm not holding my breath.
Heard from Tom, he's in Independence living in a vehicle. He sounded really pathetic and claimed he hadn't been eating and had lost a lot of weight. I'm sorry, he can't come back here. He left of his own volition, but he left me up shit creek when he did, and when he was here he trippled my food bill and wouldn't quit nagging my sons. So no, he can't come back. He needs to man up, get a real job, and work it.
when does this feeling that I'm paying for my own past go away? When do I stop feeling so broken all the time?
No comments:
Post a Comment