Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bunk

Okay, I admit it, we watch what is probably way too much tv. This weekend the indiana jones movies were on (again), to promote the new one, which is about "crystal skulls". Well, I was reading a book and the kids were in another room and I didn't notice when a new show came on. a "documentary" about the wonders of crystal skulls. they have crack-pots on who talk like they know things. Apparently, there is no way a skull was carved out of quartz. Apparently they found one on the moon and there is a face carved into a mountain on mars. Aliens, it all comes back to aliens. Or maybe to atlantis. Or perhapse it is both.

Now, I know I watch scifi movies and shows that are full of alien conspiracies and fantastical stories. BUT THEY ARE FICTION. Why is it that people insist that these things are real? The mayan calender ends in 2012, so the world must end then too. Maybe that was all the firther ahead their math skills coudl take them at the time. Maybe if smallpox and conqistadors hadn't killed them off, the calender would have been calculated out to 3012, or 6012.

Sorry, these are unimportatn things. But I hate it when absolute bunk and superstition is passed off as legitimate science. When people who don't even know how clueless they are are paraded around to entertain the masses. And then you have people who think that crystals and yogurt will heal anythign and don't want to vaccinate their children.

Sorry, rotten stressfull mood today. Its hot out and I am trying very hard to reisist the urge to run out and buy a milkshake. The shwans guy comes tomarrow, I"ll get some goodies from him. I am one the one hand sure that I need to move, and on the other, I don't trust my ability to secure a place, pay the rent and get daycare taken care of. I know, I am nothing if not repetitive.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You totally CAN get a place, find daycare and move!

You totally can do this.

First find the place then the daycare, you're already paying rent so you can just do it somewhere else.

You can totally do this!!