Okay, I know that there are people who have built mother's day into this big huge thing. They get together with their mother's an grandmother's and have a whole day.
I don't have a mom anymore, and I don't have a gramma either. I don't have a significant other to make sure the kids "get" me something nice. So, I don't make a big deal of mother's day in my head. I treated myself to a new pair of shoes that will arrive in a week or two. We went to church and then to lunch afterwards.
I am not whining, but just saying, I have great kids, I know they are such blessings that I don't need another day set aside to remind me of that. I read a blog where women write in and mostly whine about how life sucks, which it does sometimes, lately its been all about how terrible mother's day was. I think we make too big a deal out of all these made up holidays. Not every minor holiday needs to be a huge production.
There were some bad storms that went through the area yesterday, all we got was a rain storm, but east and south of us there were tornados. One was at least an EF-4 and had a track that was ninety miles long. This is huge, most torandos just fade away after a few minutes. This one killed 20 people and a town. Thats right, a whole town.
It was dying anyway. SO polluted that the creek ran orange. IT was set to be bought out, but there were a few people who wanted to stay. The tornado tore up the residential area. Its gone and itsn't going to be rebuilt.
I guess my point is that while some of us may haven't got what we wanted for mother's day, but we are so blessed. There are people not far from here who lost everything. Those that didn't loose their homes are without power on what has been the two coldest may nights anyone can remember.
1 comment:
Happy mothers day X 3 Alley.
-Dino
Post a Comment