Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Someone was listening

So, got up early ( it is amazing how fast I can get out of the habit of getting up at a certain time, two weeks aga it would have been "got up at the usual time"). Got showered, dressed nicely. Hair actually brushed (half the time it just gets smoothed out enough to ponytail it, and I wonder why I look like a bag lady). Makeup even. Kids up and dressed (they seem to be happier in the morning when I wake them up then when I and they just sleep in) and to the sitter.

Then I drove and drove and drove. I stopped in pittsburg to try and pay my deposite and first months rent and maybe see the place, well, couldn't do that. The guy wasn't in yet and anyway the apartment isn't ready yet. Whatever. By this time I was having stomach cramps from anxiety.

I drove on to joplin and used the map off yahoo to find the school. It was where they said it would be, but for some reason the parking area was on the opposite side from the way the map told me to go, so it was bit of circling before I could figure out where to get out and park and all that.

Here's the good part. The principal was great. He's nice, he's always blowing his nose. HE hired me on the spot. No "well, I gotta run ya by the school board" none of that. Just do I like the salary (lower then public school pay scale, but almost three times what I've been making) and do I think I could handle coming in on the first of august to get the classroom and all that ready. Amazing. Exillarating. Terrifying. I've never been handed exactly what I wanted and had it turn out good.

So, filled out lots of paper work. And drove back to pittsburg. Went ahead and payed the lease and all that, will bemoving a week later then I thought, and then Iwanted. But I figure if I take singing feather's advice and al least get beds set up before have to handle classes, I'll be okay.

Still a little terrified about surviving this summer, money will be tight and I may take a waitressing or attendant care job just to squeeck through, but I think I can handle it if I know what is coming around the corner.

I'm so happy I am litterally wiggling on my seat. Even gideon's grouchy act (I think he didn't nap( isn't getting me down. The only down side. I told my pastor's wife and her reaction was underwhelming and I can't get my dad or my brother's on the phone. I want to brag to someone damit.

Oh well. Must go.

4 comments:

msholiday said...

YAHOO~! That is all such great news. The Sisters are all rooting for you. If you have sleeping bags you won't even have to worry about making the beds right away. You go Girl.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Wow, the Universe sure loves you. You are going to be ok, more than ok.

Please let me have your new address when you move in.

Yes, we sisters are really excited.

Everything is going to be good. It's all good.

CONGRATULATIONS!! You are a total champion.

Yay!

Anonymous said...

Is'nt it nice when things go your way?
Keep on keeping on.

p.s.
Its nice to see you back on the forums too.

-Dino

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!! we are rooting for you. This is so exciting!!!