Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ahh, saturday

Ain't it nice?

Its rainy and muggy and cloudy and I am not going anywhere. The kids are watching silly movies. I am playing around on the computer, and waiting for water to boil for the requsit mac n cheese. It's not the healthiest thing in the world, but payday is monday. (YAY first paycheck!)

Since getting the internet turned on at home, I have been drawn back into message boards. I don't know why. No one on there ever has anything to say but "I'm right and you are wrong" I really should just loose the link.

Lets see, not much else going on. Had to go to a training on preventing sex abuse put on by the church. (Three hours on how to spot pediphiles, what fun). that was thursday night. i was so tired by the end of friday that all we did was stay home. That seems to be a running theme. Mom's tired so we're staying in.

I hope that I will get us into better routines that will result in less ordering food (three times last week) and more doing stuff.

Ugh, I gotta edit this. The kids have decided to go start fighting.

(Added a few hours later)

That's better. They ate. They napped until five. They ate again. See, it really is a lazy rainy day. I'd have opened up the house but the temp is so high and the humidity that it feels tropical, and not in a good way. But in a everythign has a bit of condensation on it and feels sticky way.

I did go give mik eand his friend a ride because it was raining and I needed to buy gas anyway. So far we are only up about five cents, but the attendant said they were raising it monday.

Crock pot actaully sounds like a good idea, do you know if you can make rice in them, I love rice, almost better then noodles. I"ll put on the list. I sense a rather extensive shopping trip monday or tuesday. I get paid monthly, so make sense to me to buy a month's worth of diapers, wipes pull-ups, laundry and dish soap. NOt to mention that Gideon needs shoes and Isaiah could use some more school pants (I take his holey ones when he isn't looking).

Okay, I think this is a little more coherent than earlier. And I am ending it here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back on the forums, you were missed.
You say you're ordering out to much?
Try Crock Pot cooking.
Just throw all the ingredients in before you & your gang leave in the morning, set it to low, and when you get home dinner is served.
Its way cheaper to cook this way, and theres literally thousands of receipes.
You can even use it to make breakfast, check this out:
-Overnight Oatmeal-
1 cup steel cut oats
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup dried figs
4 cups water
1/2 cup half-and-half

In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients and set to low heat. Cover and let cook for 8 to 9 hours.
Stir and remove to serving bowls. This method works best if started before you go to bed. This way your oatmeal will be finished by morning.

Anyways, just a suggestion.
Keep on keeping on.

-Dino

msholiday said...

No matter what you use it is still the same amount of work cooking, just happens at a different times of the day, and if you are tired..... I would roast something on Sunday with potatoes and root vegetables, slowly in the oven, about 300 degrees, that way I could be out and about for most of the day and come home to a ready dinner. Not only that there was always enough leftover meat for a couple of suppers during the week, and sandwiches. Also remember the timer on your oven....it can be your best friend, you can set it to start anytime during the day and shut off anytime. Also I don't peel my potatoes or carrots, just give them a good scrub with soap and water, extra vitamins in the skin of vegetables
Try it you will love it. Nothing like Sunday dinners.