Tuesday, September 23, 2008

whew, and another one around the corner

So, survived being observed. It wasn't that bad, she had mostly very nice and positive things so say. And the class did good, almosted acted like good students and not roving beasts.

So, I was feeling good. Then a get an email from a parent. I have a set of twins in two different periods of the same class. Neither is doing great. the mother wants me to call.

I know this is part of the job, pissy parents who will want extra credit and to negotiate the grade better. And I do understand. I have a kid who doesn't always do as well in class as I would like him to do. But on the other hand, both classes also have kids who make As on the tests and the homework. And who didn't miss almost a week of class to go on vacation.

hohum, I wish I was the bitch I pretend I am, then it wouldn't be hard to look forward to telling a parent their children are over schedualed and need study skills.

I wish i knew how to teach study skills. I would teach it constantly. To all of them.

No comments: