okay, so according to the president, the gears of the financial system have ground to a hault. But I still see stores open, my bank is fine. I can go into the store and get groceries.
so, stocks are dropping, big deal. I don't have stocks. That has always looked like gambling and I haven't ever had any desire to get mixed up in it. credit is drying up, well, what ever happened to living within your means? recession? depression?
they are words that have no meaning to me. I have always been poor. I expect to always fall into a low income group. It doesn't bother me that much. If the rich have to buy used cars, is that so bad? If billionaires are forced to shop at walmart, is that so bad? I come from hardy people, the idea of belt tightening and living smaller, closer to home, has appeal to me.
But here'r the president, convincing the country that we need to allow the bailout and that the government needs to get tangled up in the stock market. their gonna buy out those idiots. But I am a renter for life and my dad has already lost his house. Why should I care.
Speaking of dad, his unemployment ran out. And now he is going on job interviews. He has an interview with a good company in a few days, but its a bit of a drive from where they live. Twila threw a fit, she isn't happy about the prosepct of him getting the car to drive to work while she, who lives closer to work has to get a ride. Or walk or ride a bike.
She wants him to get a job at walmart with her. But the difference between six dollars an hour and fifteen ought to be worth it. But then, she usually gets her way. As long as he has someone who feeds him and lets him watch the occasional nascar race, why should he care the he gets his testicles handed to him about daily.
Okay, so I am being harsh. But seriously, did I not say that he would sit around on unemployment until it ran out, and then go get a job? Did I not say that?
So, I know this about my dad. I know he will always want to be taken care of, and that his employment will always be spotty. But damn it, I hate that she convinced him to move so far away from his family. And i hate the fact that I would go get him tonight if she got tired of him and threw him out.
sometimes I wonder if the entanglment and the dysfunction will even end. And I don't give a shit about the stock market. I'd rather go back in time to when what you were worth was what you could hold. When what you owned was what you built. When what was important was anything but the money you had.
1 comment:
You sure have a good head on those shoulders. You're making way too much sense for anyone to listen.
Post a Comment