so it seems like every girl I teach has one of those twilight books. It seems a movie is coming out too. Well, I read the blurbs about the movie and the books, and I am just not interested.
This wouldn't be unusual, except that I LOVED Anne Rice's take on vampires, read all those books and wore out a tape (yeah tape) of interview with the vampire. I am even a buffy fan. (although not so big on the spin off, angel).
the point being, I'm a nerd about these sorts of things. SO why doesn't this one do anythign for me? I think it comes down to a few things.
1) its been done before. The plot of the movie is the underlying story arch of the buffy the vampire series first couple of seasons.
2) its been done better. Again, buffy, anne rice, and interview with the vampire/
3) its just too young to interest me. I may work at a high school, but an angsty high school romance movie just isn't going to do it.
Been watching all the monster and horror movies that have been on this weekend. I think I may have formulated my own zombie emergency plan. Maybe I need to get out more.
Skipped church. The kiddos both are teetering on having colds and I didn't want to expose the church to them. Or them to the church. I'm tired of having to rush out of work to make a dr appointment. So, I stayed home a super duper clean the house instead. SOmething about being able to see the carpet and not stick to the linoleum that is very very nice.
I ought to be planning or reading or grading. Instead i am messing around on the internet. Sometings probably never will change.
No comments:
Post a Comment