Sunday, October 5, 2008

It's My Birthday

And I am being extremely lazy. Seriously, not doing anything. Well, I did grade papers and I probably will grade some more later.

I went to church today, which was nice. went grocery shopping afterward, the kids did okay. i don't know if its me or gideon, but he just isn't like other kids his age. He is excitable with everything being either terrible or wonderful. He gets super fixated on a particular thing and if you come between him and it he goes balistic.

And then there is the clinginess. A mother should be able to take her son to church and drop him off in children's church without a huge fight with him. Anyway, he isn't like other three year olds, but I don't think he is retarded just wored up differently. And I don't know how to help him learn to behave in a more acceptable way.

I am eating chocolat cake and enjoying my home and my kids and marvaling at the fact that two years ago I was suicidal and desperate. I mean it, the only thing that kept me from it was the fact that I was pregnant and the fact that I didn't want to attempt and fail, and I couldn't get my hands on anything that I thought would do the job effectivly.

So, happy birthday to me. I am a single mom of three rowdy, sticky, dirty, crazy sons. I am busy all the time and unorganized beyond charming. I weigh too much and talk too much. I am alone most of the time, but not as lonely as you'd think.

In the next year, I think I want to get finished with this master's program. I want to get us moved into a rental house as opposed to the apartment. I know it's a big step, but the kids need a yeard of their own, and I would like a little more privacy.

I want to work on being healthier, if not slimmer. i want to get better at feeling like an adult when I stand in a room full of people. I don't know why, but I still feel like an overwhelmed sixteen year old half the time. I have very little poise and what little I do have is usually an act.

I'd like to say that I want to seriously start the whole dating thing, but to be honest, I don't think I am there yet. I don't trust people and I want to be sure that I can absolutly take care of us before I think about hooking myself up to anyone else.

I have already severly cut out pop from my diet. I am now and iced tea and coffee junky, which I am sure isn't much better, other then being cheaper.

I guess I can work on that organization thing a little more. I am getting better, but I have vast room for improvment.

That's about it, I'm gonna go get some more cake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday!!!! eat all the cake you like on your bday!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Alley, sorry I've been out of the loop lately.