Friday, October 31, 2008

thinking

So, the past couple of days have been weird. I have been fighting this cold virus, which all things considered, hasn't been that bad. Except that I have been very very tired and cranky in the evenings. According to dad, who did used to be a damn good nurse, this is normal for viral infections and all a person can really do is wait them out. So, its been salt water gargles, ibuprophen and takingit easy.

Still, last night, I completely crashed. I mean CRASHED. Tired turned into not being able to keep my eyes open. The kids were fed heat and eat junk and put to bed early. I went to bed super duper early. And slept through the alarm, woke up not late for work, but late for leaving to get there on time, does that make sense?

Anyhow, ended up calling in. The students had a half day, plus they were wearing costumes to school and running a haunted house all day, with classes going through during school. I literally had board games and skipbo planned for my classes. I took the little guys to daycare, cause I have to pay for the week anyway, and then came home and went back to bed. slept half the day away. Isaiah was off school, so he and I had a son-mom lunch. Got nothing accomplished, mostly just rested.

halloween was intersting. The night started with gideon throwing a fit and refusing to wear the majority of his costume. So, instead of being a cowboy with a horse, he was a homicidal maniac, they look like everyone else. Then isaiah's arabian friends came with us, so instead of riding herd on three kids, who were mine and who basically knew the rules, stay together, say thankyou, only houses with outside lights on, I had a total of six kids, three of which didn't know the rules, two of which were egged on by the other three, and one who was content to sit in the wagon and watch. I'll let you figure out who was who.

The saudi kids were picked up by their dad, and that left me with mine. Who immediatly announced that their feet hurt, this sucked and they wanted to go home (this is all coming from the ten year old who really ought to know better).

So we came home. Packed up in the car, went to sonic for free icecream and then the kids went into a bath and to bed. I then tutored my neighbor again. she is coming over tomarrow too. And bringing a couple of her friends. they are paying me to basically go through their papers and reedit line by line. I am doing a lot of the composing, but according to their understanding of the assignment. I don't know how far across the line of help it skates, but I do know that I know nothign about what they are actually studying, its all about the english writing.

Anyway, I am tired again, and I have what sounds like three students coming tomarow for help with writing. A house to clean, and kids to chase. Oh yeah, and I have nothing from work because I left it all there thursday, so i need to figure out what my classes are doing through turesday, with out my materials with me.

WONDERFUL

No comments: