So, am I the only person who wakes up the day after halloween to find that the kids are cranky, I'm sluggish and there are little bits of paper and plastic all over the floor?
Maybe not. I suppose that somewhere there is a gracefull, flawlessly groomed woman who rises from her bed at dawn with minty fresh breath and makes a stack of pancakes before her cheerfull and cooperative children wake up. The family sings joyful day after halloween songs and eats a healthy, low-carb breakfast before the candy is even mentioned. The angelic children each eat a piece and then agree to donate the rest to needy third world children who need it more then they do. They family spends the rest of the day doing something that involves being very tidy and very helpful.
That isn't us. I sleep in until nine on saturday. The kids wrnagle their own breakfast that usually consists of cold cereal with milk on the side. TOday it was halloween candy, hold the milk. they squabble and holler and gripe at eachother. All the way from the house to the grocery store back to the house.
anyway, the problem of the day is my brother. He was supposed to be out of his apartment friday. Now he is supposedly meeting today with the landlord. Mike says if he can get forty bicks, he can stay in the apartment. I really don't have it at this point in the month, and Dad doesn't either.
But dad is the one who called me and was all like "meetmike and the landlord and give htem this money"
Oaky, earlier this week i shlepped that kid all over town to buy him a pair of work boots. I don't have that much cash onhand, and I think that the landlord is trying to force mike out of the apartment with out getting a legal eviction. I told dad to tell mike that if he wanted to stay, not to leave until a sherriff told him to, or to just move in with his friend nancy, which is where he's been spending most of his time any how.
I know, I am the evil bitchy sister who wont help anyone out. Except that I halped him a lot and the story is always changing. that's the part that bugs me, the story chaning all the time.
So anyway, we have more candy then any family ever needs to have on hand and I have been very lazy today.
No comments:
Post a Comment