I a going on a field trip with half the school tomarrow. I hope it isn't freeze there, its supposed to get very cold in the next couple of days, and there are very quiet rumblings about maybe an ice storm. This area has had five major ice storms in the past three years. I really don't know what we would do. I can't afford to drive to springfield or tusla and stay in a hotel until the power comes back on (like a lot of people did last winter when the ice took out all the power lines), and I don't know how to rough it in the cold with three little kids. I could do it for a few days if it were warm out. Open the windows, drink a lot of water, barbeque. But what do you do when it's 20 degrees out.
How do you cook when the stove is electric and using a grill inside can cause a fatal buildup of carbon monoxide. (gaseous by-product of burning charcoal and other petroleum based fuels, bonds irreversably with the hemoglobin in red blood cells and causes death by anoxia).
And how do you keep little kids warm when it is cold inside and outside and they don't understand that they need to stay dressed in warm clothes and under covers as much as possible? This truly scares me!
anyhow, there is a definite bite in the air, and the farmers are harvesting the soybeans, which they don't do until the begining of winter for some reason.
So, I think I may have been talked into participating in a group writing project online. Not sure how I feel about that. I tend to get possessive of my ideas. I gues si fnothing else it will be a chance to write and get some feedback and give and take with some other writers. Probably won't come to much but it might be fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment