Sunday, November 2, 2008

sooprize sooprize

That's right, it aint a real surprise, The great and wonderful shane himself will be unable to come get his children as promised next weekend. He just can't get time off work. He has apparently been working solidly all summer and fall and he just can't manage to find the time to see his kids.

Now, he must not be being paid, because I haven't been getting childsupport all summer and fall. So, he must be a slave. Hmm, maybe he sold himself into slavery and doesn't want to admit it. Could that be it? Modern day slavery?

I doubt it. I think he is just an asshole extrordinair who is too egotistical to just stay away and too cowardly and selfish to be a real presecne in his kids' lives.

what sucks is that gideon asked if he could see a daddy today. The kid barely talks, but he knows that he ought to have a dad.

I wonder if this stuff ever stops being so lonely. If every step doesn't look like a dangerous one. If every choice won't be so hard.

enough of the whiny introspection. I made thirty bucks today, tutoring saudis. another one owes me sixty. Ya me. It isn't a lot, but hey, It wasn't like it was miserable work. I get to sit at my own kitchen table and talk with nice women and they get help with their written english and I get a little exposure to a culture most americans don't get a chance to experience. I figure that alone is worth the effort.

the kids made things a little difficult, but for being tottally sugared up from halloween, and hyper from being stuck inside while mom did this, they weren't bad.

I have a unique halloween candy policy, and that is to let them chow down until its gone. i don't keep cany in the house and I don't let them eat sweets like this very often, but it seems like getting it eaten and gone is easier then weeks of fighting with them about how many pieces to have, before or after dinner. Before or after the teeth were brushed, don't take it to school, don't get it stuck in the carpet or your hair or clothes or my hair or clothes. Its already gone. And the kids didn't self destruct.

anyhow, not much to report. Mike isn't talking to me, but he's apparently hasseling dad for cash, cause then hear from dad. I don't know what to do. Its not like I'm rich. And he is the one who lost his job, quit another and lied to the landlord about having a job weeks befor he had one, so the way I see it, this shoudl be a lesson learned.

anyhow, I have a long week ahead of me. I am bad about updating this as often as I used to, mostly due to exhaustion. But I'll be around.

No comments: