So, I have been playing around with trying to loose weight. It is one of those things that I have always known I needed to do. I have always been a soft bodied person, even as a little kid. But I always have put it off, I was a teenager, didn't want to worry about weight. I was pregnant and a single mom and a college student, I would get into shape when Isaiah was bigger and I wasn't as stressed with college, then I had two more kids in rahter quick succession and the result being me fatter and fatter and not doing much about it.
Well, I went to the Y tonight. I know, I can use the student center for free, but it is full of excessively in shape and fit college kids and I really don't want to look at that while I slog along on an eliptical or a treadmeal. So, anyway, the Y also has in house babysitting which is nice, cause Mike won't come over to babysit so i can go work out.
Any how, I did a thirty minute walking program on a machine and then spent a while doing some upper body work in the "women's" room, special room just for women, its supposed to be less intimidating. I am not sure about that, but the machines are neat so its a start. If we can make this work I'm going to sign up for either yoga or cardio in january when the new classes start.
the other interesting thing is that I had a confrontational call from a parent today. It wasn't fun, the guy is a surgon and tells whoever he talks to about it in the first few minutes of the conversation. He is upset that his child isn't makeing the grade he thinks the child should. But I stood my ground, didn't let him bully me over the phone, invited him to come in or to schedual another call and informed him that the descion he had a problem with had been made in concert with the principal. And when he kept draggin the conversation back around to the topic, I got off the phone.
And I reall really hope that the whole thing doesn't blow up. And I hate people who feel the need to qualify their bitchiness. "I am a surgon so I must know better then you bla bla bla."
Sorry, the kid doesn't come in for extra help. The kid is so busy with extracurriculars that the kid can't focus on school, and on top of that probably isn't all that fond of science. This isn't my problem, I know not everyone likes science the way I do, but the fact that the kid blows off my homework for "fun" stuff, and seems to think it is cute to play at being stupid, so the grade isn't great. So do not argue with me about how fair my class is, not when there are a godo number of kids making As and even more making Bs.
1 comment:
I'm 5'5" & in highschool (graduated '87) I weighed 160 pounds.
By 2002 I had allowed myself to reach almost 325 pounds & realized that if i did'nt do something I was going to die of a heart attack.
I dropped my calorie intake to 600 calories a day (2000 is normal) & started walking up to 3 hours a day.
Eight months later, I weighed 200 pounds which is where I'm at now.
My point to all of this is that you don't need to spend any money to lose weight, in fact you'll save money.
Try not to have a timetable; if you want to lose X amount of pounds, ask yourslf if it took you that long to gain the weight.
Example: I want to lose 100 pounds in a year. Well, how long did it take for you to gain that 100 pounds you want to lose? Probably a lot longer than a year.
As for the Surgeon/parent who's kid is'nt doing as well as he'd like, well if he really is a surgeon let him spend some of hose big bucks of his on an exclusive private school where the class size is 10 students to each teacher insted of 25.
Expect noticeable results not in days or weeks, but months.
Anyways, keep on keeping on.
-Dino
Post a Comment