So, the underclasses, freshmen and sophmores, went on a field trip. It was cold, the bus was cramped and the field trip seemed to consist of sitting in an auditorium for hours and hours. It was something to do with artists and something to do with indian culture. It was actually very intersting with drumming (LOUD in an enclosed space like that ) and dancing. There were also some story tellings and a walking tour of some murals there in Neosho. (our school ended up not going on this, they wanted us to eat and walk at the same time, but it was COLD and the first stop was a library, we were just not willing to take those kids into a library with food). Anyhow, the kids were good, the topic was more intersting then I've made it sound, and it was mostly an easy day. The other teacher who went was stressed the whole time. But I just kept telling her to roll with it.
A coach also came to supervise. Several of the girls have told me they are uncomfortable around him. I did notice that he situated himself so that he was sitting next to what I would pick as the vulnerable ones throughout the day. (You know, the little girl who is physically smaller and quiet and has odviously low self esteem). I just don't know what to do with the information. I;m new there, and honestly will probably not work there long. I graduate in the summer and then I can probably get a job that pays twice what I get now.
This guy, in the mean time, has been there for a while, the staff and parents like him and he has a long career of successfully coaching kids behind him. Still, something about the way he likes to tease people. Something about the way he made sure he was near that particular freshman girl most of the day. Something about the way I don't like to be in proximity with him either.
Maybe it's my own background getting in the way. But what if it isn't. What the hell am i supposed to do with this?
No comments:
Post a Comment