Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I'm Living in The Twilight Zone

no, not the semi-pornographic vampire romance novels, the old school twilight zone. Then one where everything is just a few degrees off of normal. this whole week has been strange. It isn't that I am in a rotten mood, its just that nothing feels right. 

I was supposed to have class last night, it was out last meeting of the semester. I was supposed to find out when my next observation was and turn in a project (which I think I bombed). But we didn't have class becuse a bomb threat had been called into the building. (I know, who calls a bomb threat into a building where they teach teachers?) Luckily it turned out to be a prank, but they had to have bomb sniffing dogs come in from wichita to search the building and several people who had been early to class hd to leave their stuff in the classroom. (I was running just  a tad late and arrived after teh fire alarms had been pulled). 

So, then today all the juniors were gone. They were on a field trip to see hamlet in kansas city. So, half my classes were a wash, and then the rest of the school went to a classical music concert the last two hours of the day. I've written more kids up in the past week then in the whole year before that. Either I have been taking bitchy pills, or the kids are worse ahed of the holiday. 

Ugh, I don't know. Maybe I am jsut too busy and overwhelmed. I need a mental health day. But I don't think it is going to happen tommarow, and I volunteered to help supervise a field trip friday, so maybe I'll just take a hot shower and go to bed early. 

No comments: