Monday, November 10, 2008

Why is it

That I always feel like I am playing catch-up? What is wrong with me that I can't get things into a simple routine and stay on it? I dunno. I don't think its the fact that I have kids. Lots of people have kids and work and take care of a home without feeling tired and frazzled and absolutly worn out. At least I think they do.

I saw another maroon suburban today. It cut across a busy lane of traffic and nearly got clobbered. 

I had another one of those strange conversations the other day that ahs stuck with me. 

I occasionally (more then I should) order food to be delivered rather then cook. One of our favorites is to order chinese food. The guys that brought it last time seemed facinated by the kids (who all crowded at the door as soon as they heard a knock). One says "WOW, you have a lot of kids." I say, "Only the three" (this is a little tongue in cheek, I admit). And then he says, "Well, we are only allowed one in china."

I don't know what bothers me about the incident. Was he jealous of someone being able to have that man kids? Maybe they were making fun of me, here alone with these rotten boys. I dunno, but it was odd.

Its gotten cold and rainy here. It will be that way until next spring. I pray that we have on of those winters were things are wet but not frozen much. Snow and ice are not friends of a commuter. 

uhg, I am begining to regret this tutoring thing. These ladies seem to not want to come over until late in the evening, and one is due here at seven or seven thirty. I am too tired to be of much help, but she still owes me some money and I don't want to tell her no and not ever get paid. But I am so tired and they show up with nothing but a few notes about what is expected in the assignment. And i have a job and kids and classes to deal with myself. Maybe I can call her and just tell her I am sick tonight. And then tell them that I wont do it unless it is a weekend. I mean, this lady showed up saturday with NOTHING and a six to nine page paper on employee benefits due TUESDAY. isn't that crazy? Am I crazy. 

anyway, I think I'll go call her before she heads over. 

I called, I lied through my teeth. I said I had a pukey kid. I feel evil. And relieved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since couples can only have 1 child in China, sons are prized.
Sadly, in China many baby girls are killed because of the 1 child policy & those stupid cultural idioms that men believe they must have a son to carry on the family name.
The delivery guy was in awe of you Alley.
Not only do you have 3 kids, but all boys as well.
I can see both sides of the argument, China has over a billion people & if they don't do something about population control, they'll end up having to eat each other; literally.
For a Christian, this is an absolutely abhorent & barbaric practice. It makes one think that the Chinese are backwards people, buth then again, think about what our country would be like if we had 1.1 billion peple.

-Dino