Seriously, someone knows I like chocolat. I had my chocolat cake, then at work today our office lady brought not one but two things, chocolat cake with choc frosting and brownies with wipped cream topping. And Then a group of students brought me a gift bag full of target chocolat called choxi.
I now have a chocolat hangover and I probably will for a few days. My diet is blown for the week, maybe next week too.
I spilled some lotion in my purse, and it got all over my keys and my work keys and gunked up everything. So I had to take everythign out and try to clean out the inside, it was still wet this moring so I went out without my purse. On the one hand it was nice to have one less thing to lug around, on the other hand, I missed having somewhere to put my walet and phone. Not to mention the orange blossom lotion.
Also, if the sinking stock markets mean cheaper gas, then let them sink. I was so freaking happy with gas prices this morning, I was giddy, or as close as a person can get at a quarter to seven in the morning.
I think I forgot to explain what an IEP is, so I will. It stands for individualized education plan. It is for kids with disabilities in schools, it basically outlines the child's problems and deficiets and plans a way to overcome them so that the child can learn.
A dyslexic child whose brain is wired in such a way that reading is difficult might have assignments read to him and oral instead of written tests. A child who is attention deficiet like Isaiah might have shorter assignments and be allowed to go to a quieter, calmer room to work.
It is a leagally binding document, the schools must provide accomodations for children deemed to need them, their funding is tied to it. So, the fact that they aren't allowing hte kid who looses things and can't remember assigments to have a different way to get thigns done, to the point that he is failing and his mother has no clue whats going on, is a problem. Its their legal problem and my problem. and until I feel like they are doing what Isaiah needs to be successful and not feel beaten up by the system, I will be a thorn in their sides. So sorry.
No comments:
Post a Comment