Isaiah had his appointment to get his meds changed today. I was hoping to get away from stimulants, but that didn't happen. Maybe I should have pushed a little harder for the non stimulant kind, but the doc and his nurse practitioner are willing to revisit the topic later. My biggest gripe with the stimulants he was on was that they suppressed his apatite. Its been so nice to see him gaining weight and filling out. By the end of school last year he was clinicly under weight, looked tired and with sunken eyes and his whole body looked a little wasted. NOt normal for a kid in middle america.
I have an actual, honest to gosh date saturday. Is it sad that with everything else on my mind I'm not feeling all that into it? I plan on going, trying to relax and enjoy myelf and thats about it.
We have to go to parent night tonight at Isaiah's school. NOt looking forward to it. Last year when we went it was not pleasant. The little kids were running around all over the place, the teacher was busy talking to "real" adults, and ignored me and my rowdy kids. Isaiah dropped his stuff off and we left. That's it.
But this year he got the teacher he wanted and is more enthusiastic about going, and wants to meet this teacher he's been hearing about since last year. I hope he isn't disappointed, sometimes kids, him especially, build things up in their minds and confuse the fantasy of how they want things to be with how things actually are.
Hmm, what else, my brothers are moved out and for the most part leaving me alone. I hear from them when they want a ride somewhere and when they want to barrow something from me. I guess that's a normal sibling relationship for us. I've had to tell them no a few times to rides that were just unreasonable. I have a car that only holds five people, including the driver. SO when the guys call and want me to come get them and take them out to eat, along with my little kids, its kinda impossible. But when I say no, I am being an unreasonable bitch.
I hope that normalcy returns soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment