Monday, October 12, 2009

OW

My ear hurts. I definitely have an earache. The doc says its not infected, just the result of a head cold. But it sure feels miserable. Makes me cranky. And I don't need to be any crankier than I already am.

Isaiah's IEP went okay. He had his three year review this time around, so they did all sorts of intelligence and achievement testing. His over all intelligence is in the high average range. His verbal intelligence is in the above average, but his reading ability is low.

He is reading at about a second grade level. He is very poor at decoding and sounding out words. His problem solving ability and general knowledge are very high though, the teachers, and I agree that those two things are probably what have been carrying him through up to this point. I want his to be able to handle middle school, and to do that he has to be able to read the text books and keep his stuff organized.

So that's what he will be working on this year.

No comments: