I didn't have class tonight, the colleges have all gone to having a "fall break" so I have an online assignment instead. I wish my school had a fall break. I would appreciate it.
I don't know what I have to type about here tonight, other than, isn't it nice how calm things have gotten. I mean, I have the occasional bad day, but nothing like how things were when I started blogging. Sometimes it seems like those memories must belong to someone else. It couldn't possibly have been me who was so sad, and hopeless and felt so trapped.
But it was me. And it still is me. And I'm not perfect, and I don't have some vast store of answers or wisdom for all I've been through. But it just amazes me sometimes how far we've come.
I making lesson plans tonight, going to teach evolution for the next two weeks. The parents will really hate me then. I have students, especially freshmen students, who think an answer of "because god made it that way" is an appropriate one. And they openly admit that their science teacher at the middle school is an idiot.
I also had a student tell me that I was the reason she was still in school. She is a senior and new in our system, and I guess miserable. I'm not sure of the whole story, but it kinda touched me. I needed that after last week, and monday when my boss made me apologize publicly for something that was a private matter, and then had the nerve to tell me I hadn't done it because I didn't say "I'm sorry for saying _____________". Please. I think he has brain cell deficiency.
So, here's to a better week than last week. One thing that has improved is I take the meds at night now, so the effect on my brain is less noticeable when I am awake. That dull feeling isn't as bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment