So, I am glad that they got it, and I hope they manage to pull it off, also I heard on NPR that there hasn't been one olpymics that made money for the city. Let someone else spend it says I.
Isaiah's parent teacher conferences were yesterday. The whole evening was all sorts of hectic. But the short story of his conference is that his reading scores have actually gone down, he doesn't turn in homework, he argues and gets belligerent with his helper and teachers, and he turns into a cry baby when he is called on his behaviors. The crying and whining are begining to make his a target for bullies.
I took the TV out of his room. He's been sitting up nights watching it. He's also been watching it when he was supposed to be reading. I knew it was not great, but now that I know that he's not doing well in school, its going away. I got him a play station three for his birthday, I always planned for it to live in the living room. It think he's going to have to read an hour for every hour he plays. Something like that.
I sometimes wonder if he would have been better off with someone else for a mom. I was such an idiot for so much time when he was little. I worked and went to school and went to school and worked. I lived with Gideon's dad who wasn't much interested in him. i moved him all over the country while his father and I were back together.
Now he's almost eleven. He's reading at a third grade level and having maturity and self control issues at school. And acting a bit like he has a massive chip on his shoulder at home.
I have hopes for him. I hope he grows up able to be happy with who he is. I want his to have skills to be able to have success at work. I want him to be emotionally stable and not dependent on alcohol or drugs.
1 comment:
Gee that was an eye opener for you. The best thing I ever did for me and my kids......bedrooms were for sleeping and time out. No toys, no games, no tv. Bedrooms were for sleeping and reading and getting dressed. I had a play area where all the entertaining type things were. So time outs were really time outs, and sleeping was really sleeping. I had four kids in one bedroom. The kids loved it. I said you can stay awake all night but the lights stayed off and they had to be in bed. This isn't a huge problem solver but it sure gave me more leverage.
Post a Comment