Sunday, February 28, 2010

No Sparks

Well, Mr. Nice is nice, but that's about all I can say about him. I know you've been waiting with baited breath for me to prattle on about this.

We've been out a couple of times. He's come over and hung out twice and yesterday came to a dinner I made for my brother's birthday.

I can't put my finger on what, but something is off. He claims to have worked in sales most of his life, but he's spent enough time sitting around doing nothing that he has the lines of syndicated sitcoms memorized. He also seems excessively paranoid about the prospect of getting a parking ticket. As in, my duplex is on a circle that is no parking, yesterday all the spots in my driveway were full, its ok to park on the circle for a while, just not over night. He worried about it until everyone went and moved their cars. Weird.

He claims to have lived in Kansas, North Carolina, Texas, and China. He claims he was married but isn't anymore.

He seems to be in the process of planning a once daily christian bible study for other unemployed types.

Worst part: He enjoys reality TV. As in "Sixteen and Pregnant", "Keeping up with the Kardashians", "Survivor", and "Under cover Boss". Won't watch Doctor Who. Claims reality TV isn't silly, its real. Also argues scientific things with me. Hello, I'm a science teacher, when I tell you a dog's mouth is full of germs and he doesn't have any special powers to neutralize it, I know what I am talking about.

So, I'm probably nit picking. I'm probably overly paranoid, and my standards are probably way too high. Everyone close to me agrees that he comes off as a nice person. He isn't in it for sex because he didn't take advantage of opening I gave him (and that may be one thing that's putting me off cause I'm not ugly, a little male attention is something I happen to enjoy), but at the same time, he's off.

Anyway. That's about all I have. Kids are good, cutest little things on the planet in fact. My oldest is getting to be more and more of a pot stirring, moody preteen, but I think that is normal.

Still hunting for a job, in fact even more hunting for a job. Last week something happened at school that I don't really dare write here, but lets just say that a situation came to light, and rather than doing his legal and moral duties, he made sure everyone had their stories straight and then told the victims to quit talking about it.

As a manditory reporter and a former victim, I can't let that stand.

2 comments:

MindyMom said...

Hmmm, that last part sure has me wondering!

As for the guy? Off is off. You dont have to put your finger on it just pay attention to what your gut is telling you. Good for you!

Alyce said...

I agree, I emailed him and just asked if there was something making him uncomfortable (his body language screams it) or something he was not wanting me to know.

I get a two word response. Not going to play around with this. If he don't want me to know things and he can't relax around me, there isn't any point. Good girl or not, sometimes a person just wants to make out a little and if several dates and conversation can't get us to that point, there is no point.