Thursday, August 5, 2010

Getting started

Got a case load list. I have six students who's IEPs I'll be handling, unless more come in, which is always possible. I will be co-teaching, which means that I will spend lots of time in classrooms where there is another teacher. It sounds easy, but it isn't.

I've spent all week in training for work. Its distressingly like being in class for school, except if I slack off its a job I'm messing up, not my grade. Its probably a reflection of my education that most of what I'm being trained on is familiar. But it makes for long days, especially when you throw in the fact that the trainers are scattered and keep going off on tangents about this or that bit that doesn't affect me.

Oh teeny tiny bright spot, cut IT dude. I'm a sucker for a guy who can wear converse to work and make it look right. I have no idea if he's attacked or not, or even if he's gay or not. And really, since he works for the coop, its moot anyway. But it makes having to be there a little less miserable. Another weird thing, some one taped up a bunch of pictures of hot cowboys and actors all over the ladies' room walls. I didn't know it was hard to pee with hot dudes looking at me until now. The trick is to stare at the floor. We asked the one male in our training group what was up in the men's room, he said nothing.

Got my middle and my little enrolled for school. Noah is wait listed for preschool, until then he and uncle tom are pals.

Crap, its been a busy week and I still have tons and tons to do. And to keep track of. And blerg, no time.

No comments: