Speaking of J, I think he got with the program a tad too late. He's been calling several nights a week wanting to just talk and he wants to plan on me meeting up with him every week when I'm in Pittsurg to go to class. And take me to dinner.
Sounds like dating to me.
But the thing is, I think I'm over that. I mean, I like him as a person and I think it would have been really fun/interesting to have tired to be a couple, but when it takes four months plus two weeks to decide you want to date the girl, the girl starts to have second (or third or fourth) thoughts.
So, I'm back on the OKcupid site. Meeting, emailing, IMing, weeding out, teasing, and generally having fun with the whole experience. As usual, no one remotely close to me is what I would call a match. But up towards Kansas City there are lots of guys in my age range who share my interests and seem to answer all those questions in a way similar to what I would. I guess I need to consider moving to a more populous area if I ever want to have a real chance to meet and romance someone I like.
But I kinda like it here otherwise. I like my new job situation and the people I'm going to be working with. The church we've been attending has a huge and very active youth group and the church itself has people in it who are really nice, not over the top fundamentalists.
There's one guy who I briefly dated several months ago who lives in Kansas City. He's very nice, sweet and funny. He wants to plan a weekend visit for me to come up and spend some time with him. I'm not sure what to do, because I like him and I know he'd spoil me while I was up there. But do I want to do that? Have a life here and a lover I see twice a month there?
It bears considering. I mean, I don't want to be married or move in with anyone any time soon, if ever. I find most of the men close by to be uneducated and just not on my level. Why not?
What do you guys think?
No comments:
Post a Comment