Anyway, he's kinda towards the bottom of my all time worry list at the moment.
My newwest obsession, courtesy of well, the world, is diet. Why? Because moderate excercise and generally healthy eating didn't do much for me. Neither has just eating what I want, when I wanted. So, I decided to get systematic.
I looked up maintainance calories for someone of my height, weight and activity level and came up with 2200 to 1800 depending on the calculation method used. Then I looked up the amount it would be for me at a healthy weight and got 1400 - 1600. So I set a target at 1200.
Its not a lot, but its actually more than it sounds like. I have no problem for the first part of my day. Apparently evening eating has been killing me. So, I added an app to my igoogle home page that lets me enter the foods I've eaten. If I'm honest with myself it tells me the calories I've eaten and how many I have left.
I also looked around and found that, historically, low carb, high(er) fat diets were more successful, so I'm also avoiding pastas, breads, cookies, and crackers.
I'm not a diet nazi. I eat instant oatmeal for breakfast, my para brought in cookies and I ate one. But I try to keep under the total.
Results after about a week: I am kinda hungry sometimes. But I'm trying to pick more filling foods and drink lots of water or crystal light.
Also, I wont say slimmer, but jeans are fitting a bit better. Could just be that I'm not bloated as a result of eating something bad for me any more.
Energy levels are pretty good.
Did have weird dreams though.
So, wish me luck. I'll keep ya posted.
1 comment:
the 1200 calorie thing is a definitely winner - this is exactly what I did myself and lost 20 lbs - it is not a quick diet but about a 1lb every 2 or 3 days
then I went back to eating what I wanted making sure I tried to keep my total intake around 1500-1800 a day and I haven't gained any back in 6 months
Good luck
PS some good snacks I used were 1 whole graham cracker with a think covering of peanut butter (it was about 170 calories I think) - lots of crunching and filling
low calorie fruits and veggies (think watermelon and cucumber) - helps with the eating/chewing craving I get - lots of bang for the calorie ratio
drink lots of water!
many times I would drink a slimfast for breakfast - subway melt for lunch (look at jared's subway choices for low calorie subs) and then have a protein snack bar or other snack and another slimfast for dinner (no evening eating) it worked great for me
Post a Comment