And her mom decided that she didn't need to come to school the last two days of school. Which means that there are finals she wont be finishing, last minute extra credit that will not be turned in, and missing work that wont be finished at the last minute. She will not pass math, science, or her make up math. If she had been she probably would have passed the science and the math. I called her mother at work to try to let her know how important it was that the student be at school. I was told that personal business was more important.
Please, parents, it is SO IMPORTANT that the kids BE AT SCHOOL, especially on the last days. IT MATTERS.
And I am terrible about carrying these things with me. I know I've done all I could. But this student has worked so hard all year and now she's going to have to re-do these classes.
Looking forward to next year . . . there are things I need changed so life will be easier. And at least one para who's job is in jeapordy. I feel bad about that. But she's paid to work with students. Not text and read.
I ordered some weights and a balance ball from amazon. I've been working on some toning in the evenings and I felt I needed "more". Well, the boys really like the ball. I may have to defend it.
And the really surprizing thing is that I enjoy working out and can't sleep when I skip. Who knew.
No comments:
Post a Comment