Justice takes place in a courtroom.
I cannot bring myself to feel joy at one man's violent death.
If you've been living under a rock you probably haven't heard yet. They found and killed Osama Bin Ladin. The details are sparse, but basically the man was isolated from his network and not involved in the day to day running of Al Qeada. He was living in a compound in a wealthy neighborhood. He did not have access to phones or internet.
My point being that at this point, he is nearly irrelevant. We killed a figurehead. An evil, murderous figure head, but a figure head nonetheless.
So, they found him, tracked him, and went to get him. And he died in the fighting that erupted. Ok, but it was a kill mission. They had no intention of bringing him back for a trial. I'm sorry, but that was vengeance, not justice.
Justice occurs in a courtroom. Where a public showing of evidence can take place and light can be shed on the petty evil that so many followed.
I hope that this is not a conspiracy. I don't think it is. I do wish that he had been hauled into court for the night of day to shine on his evil. If he ended up sentenced to death, then fine. But to kill him, dump his body in the ocean, and call it justice, is inaccurate.
2 comments:
You are my kind of woman!!!
I 100% agree with everything you have said. You are popular in my books.......sure you aren't a Canadian? There is something about that whole situation that just doesn't sit right with me either.
When was the last time you saw justice in a courtroom?
The truth is, it's not found there either. Our justice system blows. Just sayin'.
I do know that the world is and would be a better place without *some* people in it though. Maybe justifiable homicide could be a new trend? lol.
Post a Comment