Sort of.
I wanted to go to Joplin and hit a couple of bars known to be populated by adults with actual careers. She claimed she didn't want to go that far out of town. We ate at my very favorite place from our home town and hit a local bar.
It was dead there.
And
Her new guy showed up. So much for no men allowed. And he's awful. He's got to be late 40s or early 50s. He's unemployed and living with a friend. And the way his teeth are rotted out of his mouth, he's a meth head. His wirey shape also makes a good argument for meth.
I know Opal's issue is having to have a relationship, and she isn't alone, I want that too. But she has a way of fooling herself about these guys. This one isn't even an appropriate age for her. And she says she wants to set different patterns after the HIV scare. But when she went out with him the other night, he pressed her for sex anyway and she gave in.
I know it takes two, but when one says "I want to hold off on sex for a while" and the other gets her drunk and then talks her into it, its a sign of problems.
That and this looser is the ex-brother in law of an aunt of ours.
Anyway, he was a creeper, but luckily he didn't want to go out with us. (probably me, I was not impressed with him and I think he knew it).
I talked Opal into at least going over to Pittsburg and bar hoping with her little sister. We ended up in a series of college bars, but it was fun.
Had a blast and spend all Saturday sleeping.
This whole "men" issue is just irritating. I know what I want and what I can settle for. So why is it that all I find is unacceptable?
At least I know to say "no thanks" when not acceptable shows up. Why won't Opal? She worried her head off when we go out because her kids are with a sitter, but she brings these guys around her house and her kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment