So, I gotta say, that if I had caused such a headache fir someone I would at least be very very contrite when I asked them for a favor. The day after the incident.
Miek texted me yesterday. Tom took off in the car with forty dollars of Mike's gas in it. He needs a ride to work. No please. No I was an asshat.
I ignored the text and figured I would let him stew a while and maybe it would occur to him to apologise anf be nice. NOPE. He texted our dad and told him I was being a total bitch and that dad needed to tell me to straighten up.
And the funny part is DAD DID TRY TO GET ME TO GIVE HIM THE RIDE!
Its like they are all in a parrallel world where its my problem if he doesn't have a sitter or needs a ride to work! Hello, he needs somethign from me, I don't need him. ITs mean to say and sound selfish but its true. The least they could do is show me a little courtesy and respect my boundries (ie don't call me a bitch if you want somethign from me.) I don't know. Maybe I am weird. Maybe there are women out there who let the various men in their lives bully them and unsult them and order them around.
Certainly every guy thats ever crossed my path has tried. Maybe I'm the one with the problem. Or maybe they are all a bunch of pigheaded idiots who have delusions of their own import.
I didn't mean to go on and on. Sorry.
Getting back to work today. Isaiah starts school friday. There is a parent night thing thursday. I am excited for him. He enjoys school, at least the social part of it. I hope they transfer and respect his IEP. Some places are bad about not wanting to provide accomodations.
Gideon is getting this potty trainig thing down. WHich is a HUGE relief. Now we need tow ork on him staying in his bed, not sneaking into mine. BUt sometimes he is so sneeky that I don't notice at the time. Like this morning, Woke up to him whining because the pillow on that side had fallen down. And I'm all cranky causeI"m not a morning person and he's doign that whining thing that drives people nuts. ITs isn't a pretty start to the day. I think we;d both function better in the morning if he just stayed in his bed all night.
Noah is sunshine in the morning. THat kid, I swear there is something special about him. I love all the boys and they all have things that are great and things that are annoying. That's kids. But NOah, its like he's specaial somehow, Very sweet. VERY SWEET. and cute. Kid ought to have a fanclub.
and he does the neatest things. Yesterday he and gideon both had sippy cups after church but before naptime. Gideon left his out in the living room and went to the back of the house. Noah picks up both cups, one under each little arm and is stomping up the hall yelling gideon gideon for his big brother to come get his cup. SO CUTE.
I gotta go. I sure hope everyone who has kids going back to school is looking forward to it as much as I am.
2 comments:
FANTASTIC!! This is the bit where they gang up and protest and try very hard to get you to not set boundaries....
You are a good sister and a good daughter and a wonderful mother.
I'm proud of you for saying no.
You just do what you want to and are able to cope with.
They will pull out a lot of guilt trips too, you watch how inventive they can be!
Glad the boys are doing good and settling in.
The fact that your dad wanted you to help him, actually says a lot about how your brother ended up with a sense of entitlement from the world. I know it's out of love on your dad's part but if his messes were always cleaned up by your dad that's why he expects it from everyone else. Right?
You are a good sister and daughter all on your own. You don't need to enable his bad behavior to prove it.
Post a Comment