Saturday, August 2, 2008

Think I'm Gonna Have a Cow

So. Go out to the car yesterday afternoon to run a few errands. And it doesn't start. In a state of supressed panic I call for a jump, thankfully it starts and I run the errands plus bought a new battery cause it was old and yucky looking and it tested bad at autozone.

So go out this morning and try to start the car. And its deader then dead. Won't turn over not even enough current to light the dome light or the mirrors.

Isaiah mentions that his door was open when he got in. So the door was probably open all night. GREAT. I get another jump (at this point it isn't fun anymore) and take the kid where we were going.

It started after the appointment and I drove it around for half an hour. But I am so anxious over this that my hands are shaking and my stomache is clenched.

I don't know what I will do if it quits on me. The whole being able to go back to school and work like a teacher is predicated on owning a vehicle. I don't have good enought credit for a car loan and rent to own places are such a rip off. I'm scared. Very scared.

As a person who professes faith in God, I ought to be able to trust that things will work out. But my brain goes to the worst place every single time something happens. I need to work on that. Cause aside from making me miserable (and fat cause I eat when I get stressed) it serves no purpose.

The thing with Mike, I give up on. I've tried to talk sense to him and to the girl. They both are in lala land "nothing happened, we are just friends" is the line I get now.

Okay fine they can dig their own hole, but I'll be damned if I knowingly help them.

2 comments:

msholiday said...

It maybe the alternator, that makes the juice for the battery to store. A terrible worry with young children in the car. Not knowing if the car is going to die or not start when turned off. You need to carry booster cables and also a tire inflator both fairly cheap. Learn to use them and anyone can give you a boost if your battery is dead, and you can put air in your tire anywhere when needed. Both these items have saved my bacon a number of times.

Anonymous said...

Everything so far has gone ok so just keep your trust and take it one day or car ride at a time. (easier said than done I know)

Singingfeather has said everything else I wish I had said too!

Sending your car positive energy.