Tuesday, August 12, 2008

random drips

So have we noticed that Russia decided to envade Georgia at the same time the Olympics were happening? Anyone else think its a bit TO conicidental? I think putin may be the archetect of ww3.

The thing with my brother keeps gaining steam. He's been calling or texting dad. Who tells ME that we both MUST have been in the wrong and that I need to "make peace". I feel like I am in the twiligth zone. I just want it to go away and I feel like I shouldn't have to be the one to fix it. It wasn't me that needed a sitter (I know thsat HE will never babysit for me). I am not her parent (she has two here in town). And he had other people he could have called. (Like the kid's mother).

But is my stubborness worth this? On the otherhand how can I set boundries if I cave at this point. Might as well put out a sign that says stomp here please.
And on another front. When the hell did Isaiah develop this aversion to almost all foods? I just cut up a water melon and he turned up his nose. What kids turns down watermelon. I like food (a little too much) I don't want to be stuck either fighting with him over eating. Or making nuggets and hotdogs and mac n cheese for the next ten years.

I can't just tell him eat it or starve cause he'd starve. Just that personality.

Oh. And can we please get over this olympic reacord thing. Wheb everyone is breaking every record it is apparent that its the technology not the athletes. Unless people have just evolved to be faster. Either way. I am glad it only rolls around once everyfour years.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you are not at war with your brother? You just said no when he asked you to do something that's all. There is no war that is what I would say.

You need your energy for your own THREE children that you are raising on YOUR OWN!

Isn't it amazing how people don't see the forest for the trees.

Setting boundaries is always hard in the beginning, I don't know if it ever gets easier but it's better than dealing with other people chaos. You have enough on your plate.

msholiday said...

Kim has got very good sense here. You and your family first. Your dad has his family which is first, your brother has his??? which comes first to him. You are doing the right thing don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Anonymous said...

I agree with kim and singingfeather. You don't have to 'make peace' - you're at peace. He's the one with the problem and if he wants to, he can be a man and talk to you about it instead of running to daddy at his age. He's basically having a temper tantrum. And I think that this is really going to set the tone for whether or not he can continue to dump on you in this new town. Be calm and strong! That's my only advice. But you don't need my advice, you always do the right thing.