in the weather. In the night is cooled off and the humidity dropped and the sun was out this morning. So nice to have some decent skies to look at. It won't last long, we are set to get the leftover's of Ike in a day of two. Rain rain rain. Its depressing.
Anyhow, the kids anf I got out this morning. Picked up someting for dinner. Had an arguement in the store with Isaiah. He has eight dollars. I told him he could pick out a toy to but with his own money, so he wanders off and i and the little gusy do the shopping. He meets back up with us with a toy that is actually three little toys packaged together. It was a bakugon, something that I can't understand and little boys love. Anyway, I send him to another check out to pay for his toy. Well turns out the thins was ten dollars and he didn't have enough. I told him I wan't going to cover it, but that he could earn two dollars from me and buy it tomarrow or tuesday. Well, that wasn't good enough. He hates doing chores and he cried and threw a fit all the way out to the car.
Now, he is moping and watching a movie. He doesn't know that one way or another he is going to be doing some chores.
Mean mama, that's me.
2 comments:
Awww poor Isaiah, having to learn the value of a dollar & that money does'nt grow on trees at such a tender young age.
Mean Mama? Hardly.
*sarcasm on*
What a horrible slave driver you are Alley...making Isaiah do chores like cleaning up after himself and not being slob.
*sarcasm off*
Have you ever told him the stuff your mom used to make you do?
Like being awoken from a sound sleep in the middle of the night to do laundry?
Might be time to point out to Isaiah that you're his friend second, but more importantly a parent FIRST, and that its your job to teach him responsibility.
He's not to young for these kinds of lessons, in fact being around 11-12 years old is the exact window when you should start.
Pardon my holier than thou attitude Alley...I have no right to tell you or any parent for that matter how to raise their child.
Just my 2 cents...and what the hell do I know anyway?
Keep on keeping on.
-Dino
http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeandgarden/2008/08/choreganizers-motivation-for-helping-around-the-house/
The above is just what you need to help motivate a young one.
Cheers
Linda
Post a Comment