Tuesday, September 9, 2008

In which she gets political

So, I have to admit that I am sick and tired of the elcection bullhockey. mcCain claims to be a maverick and reformer, but has mostly voted with Bush and caved on the immigration legislation, and hes changed his position to conform with the rest of the party.

Obama is a career politician who hasn't spent much time doing anything not politically related, which gives me the creeps. But he's also an idealist, like me. And thinks that the richest, most powerful nation in the world ought to be able to take care of its own. Which I happen to agree with.

But I don't think that ending the wars in Iraq and Afganistan just for the sake of ending them and getting the kids home is a good idea, far from it, in fact.

And then there's McCain's glib remark that five million a year was where rich STARTED. I mean, what more can I say.

So On one hand, we have experience and mostly conformity. We have taxes being cut to the rich and maintained on the poor. We have hawkishness and moral superiority.

On the other hand, we have youth, not much experience (not that it matters, ita all about the advisors anyway) and a willingness to take care of eachother. But how the hell does he think we are goign to pay for all of it?

so lets go the the VeePs, we have palin, who is looking like just another career politician who exaggerates her record. Not to mention that messy personal life. (and why is it that people are screaming "no fair, no fair" when you ask about the kids).

I am a mom. there are lots of things I would like to do. But I have children and they are so much more important to me then my petty ambitions. I have found a career path that is conducive to being THERE for them. trust me, if that daughter of hers had had support and parental involvment, she wouldn't have wound up preggers. And to drag her and the baby daddy on stage is just obscene.

who is going to be taking care of those kids if mommy is flying around the world? Why is it not valid to look at that. That tells me so much more about her values then the church she went to as a kid or what she approved or disapproved as mayor and governor.

but hey, quit picking on the working mom, right?

anyhow, its Obama for me. I don't think we can handle anther eight years of republicans. I don't know what difference Obama willbe able to make, but it has to be better then what we'xe had.

Now, back to the regularly schedualed whining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm probably going to vote for Obama as well, for all the good it will do...
I've become so disgusted with the situation in this country with our elected officials being at the beck & call of the corporate & special interests, that I would like to see them all go.

They've all got to go, all 535 of them (435 congressmen & the 100 senators). I'd rather see people with absolutely no political experience whatsoever in office than these entrenched millionaires who have long ago forgotten the oath they took to protect & uphold the constitution.
If Americans were'nt so brainwashed & accustomed to lies that they take as fact, we would know who our true enemies were.

-Dino